Eaton Community Schools will have Chromebooks and a limited number of Hotspots available for families with limited resources for online learning.
Q: Who should pick-up a Hot Spot from Eaton HS on April 10 from 5:00-6:30?
A: Any Eaton student who does not have internet services in their home can pick up a Hot Spot.
Q: What is the purpose of the Hot Spots Eaton Community Schools is loaning out to students?
A: The purpose of the Hot Spots Eaton Community Schools is loaning to our Eaton Community students is for education purposes only. These Hot Spots have the same network filter the school uses for Eaton Community Schools' devices.
Home Guidelines for Tech Devices
Any student who has borrowed a device from Eaton Community Schools should following these guidelines when using the device:
- Keep all food and liquids away from your Chromebook.
- Always have clean hands when using your Chromebook.
- Do not shut objects inside of the Chromebook.
- Hold and lift the computer by its base, not by its LCD display (the screen).
- Protect the power cord: don't pull on it or roll over it.
- Don't expose your Chromebook to rapid temperature changes.
- Don't leave your Chromebook in a car.
- Avoid placing heavy materials, such as books, on top of your Chromebook.
- Keep the Chromebook on a flat, clean surface, do not use or charge on a bed or fabric surface.